CH-coop

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CH-coop

Chicken Coop

2 posters

Pre and Post Planning

TenorJoe
    TenorJoe

Pre and Post Planning Empty Pre and Post Planning

Post  TenorJoe Sat May 07, 2011 12:02 pm

I had this all figured out 5 or 6 months ago. So much time has gone by, too many thoughts and ideas come and go and new information is relayed all the time from different sources. After taking stock, I still feel like I am at square one with pre and post "planning."

For the benefit of anyone new as well as for the experienced roller coaster riders, I wonder if we can just review a little on what the most important things are to do now and what to do soon after RV. I (we) need to solidify our battle plan.
    For starters, here are some questions:

* How does one research a bank, you know, the one you will keep your millions in? Are there special things to look for? We can’t really set that up until after the seminar, right?
    * Should we use big banks or smaller hometown banks? They all are FDIC insured for 250,000 it seems. What about TD Bank? Haven’t heard much about them.
    * There are more lawyers in this country than stars in the sky. How do you handle these guys, how do you find a good one and what should you ask them? How do you know when you are talking with an Obama-type smooth talker and know when you are only talking to an educated idiot?
    * On average we are looking at a cost of $5000 to get the LLC, CRT, Living Trust for Estate Planning all set up. Anyone concur?
    * If we have no money to set up our LLC, CRT, Living Trust for Estate Planning, etc. before RV, what else can we do pre-RV, if anything?
    * I was told by Clint Coons we should cash in “just enough to get debt free” before the shin-dig in SF (or wherever you are going and whomever you are using).

I really think it would be a huge group benefit if we could each contribute to this post and add to it as time goes on (and on) in one way or another. The one thing that is constant in this investment is change. Trying to stay up with it has to be a group for sure.
    bankershours
    bankershours

Pre and Post Planning Empty Re: Pre and Post Planning

Post  bankershours Mon May 09, 2011 4:23 pm

Joetenor: Just got your pm, will respond.

thanks
    brad, bankershours.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:11 am